Ever crave homemade cookies but don’t want to put forth too much effort? This recipe is for you. Snickerdoodles are sweet and chewy and my favorite cookies on the planet. Just last week, I was rummaging through my kitchen pantry looking for something sweet. I had no luck finding any chocolate or candy, but I found my sugar and cinnamon, thus giving me the idea to make cookies.
2 and 3/4 cups flour
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla flavor
3 tablespoons sugar
3 teaspoons cinnamon
1 cup butter
1 and 1/2 cups sugar (separate from tablespoons of sugar above)
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Mix butter, vanilla, eggs, and the 1 and 1/2 cups sugar in a large bowl.
- In different bowl, mix flour, baking soda, lemon juice, and salt. Add into the egg and sugar mix and blend.
- Place dough and an ungreased cookie sheet in the fridge to chill for 20 minutes.
- Mix cinnamon and 3 tablespoons sugar in a bowl.
- Scoop small balls of dough out of the large bowl ( I used a teaspoon measuring stick) and roll in the bowl of sugar and cinnamon.
- Place on the cookie sheet and bake for 11 minutes.
*Note: The featured image for this blog post is not the result of this recipe.*